“Your website is your mousetrap. Your content is the cheese.”
A few years ago, I gave a post I wrote for Content Marketing Institute the title above. The title had magic power. It spoke to someone, someone special, one of the smartest minds in all of digital marketing, Andy Crestodina. Those two sentences somehow connected Andy and I.
Introducing Content Matters
The Content Matters Podcast won’t be the interview style podcast you’ve come to expect from marketers.
Each episode will:
- Focus on one subject that matters to content marketers and give you actionable ideas to help build your business
- Feature Andy and Barry
- Include 2 power tips about content and website conversion (your cheese and mousetrap)
- Be recorded live on Blab, so you can listen live, chat, ask questions, join the conversation, watch the playback, share and embed the sessions
- Fit in the 22-minute or so timeframe of the average commute
- Be available via iTunes, Stitcher, Spreaker, SoundCloud, YouTube and most podcast players
Here’s Episode #1:
Will Your Content Make a Difference?
Listen to this episode to hear Andy and Barry discuss:
- What makes content meaningful?
- How does any specific piece of content rise above the noise and make a difference?
- The difference between good and great content
- The website tool that tells you what people want from your content
- 4 ways to discover your audience’s burning questions
- 3 metrics that will tell you if your content is hitting the spot
- Is it wrong to believe all your content must attach to things you sell?
- How to uncover if your content mattered
- The content goldmine you’re sitting on, but don’t realize
- The number one skill for all marketers
- How sometimes the key to great content is served to you on a silver platter
- How to get the voice of your customer onto your website
Did you like the show? Share the tweets that follow and please write a review on iTunes.
In the next episode we’ll discuss headline matters.