In this episode, Barry and Andy sift through the many results from Orbit Media’s 4th Annual Business Blogging Survey and emphasize the practices that produce the strongest results.
By the way, stay tuned: results from the 2018 survey are coming soon.
Highlights from the episode include:
- The average time bloggers invest into creating posts has increased substantially
- Which blogging practices correlate with strong results
- Has the average length of blog posts increased?
- A discussion of the various media types bloggers use.
- Do bloggers take advantage of analytics?
- Are businesses publishing more or less often now?
- How bloggers promote their content and which tactics produce the best results
- Dog barking!
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry suggests injecting your opinion in your blog posts
- Andy shares an interesting insight regarding conversion from Joel Klettke of Business Casual Copywriting: Strive to understand why buyers DON’T choose your brand
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Blogging Statistic and Trends: The 2017 Survey of 1000+ bloggers – Orbit Media blog
- Does Business Blogging Still Get Results? Infographic on HubSpot (Based on Orbit’s data)
Coming in the show’s next episode:
Should you create mediocre content?