The topic was writing, so Barry couldn’t stop blabbing. Andy kept coming at him with questions about developing a writing voice. Barry took the bait (and ate it up).
It’s a fun convo writers new and old are bound to learn something from—or have opinions about.
Highlights from the episode include:
- The number one way to develop your voice as a writer
- How to overcome perfection paralysis and free yourself
- Writing to an audience to an audience of one
- Why—and how—to copy your favorite writers
- Examples of writers in content marketing who are rocking a unique voice
- Exploring styles
- How Andy learns from his own blog
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry talks about the value of injecting your opinion into your content
- Andy introduces how voice affects your website’s call to actions
They talked about how you’ll want to read stuff at:
Coming in the show’s next episode:
What are lead magnets? Do you need them?