The Key to Planning an Effective Content Marketing Program:
A MISSION STATEMENT
Companies that struggle to achieve their goals with content marketing usually don’t have documented strategies.
In this episode of Content Matters Podcast, Andy and Barry discuss how and why to create an all-important mission statement, which will give your marketing programs the focus it needs to be effective.
Highlights from the episode include:
- An easy-to-understand (and apply) XYZ template for creating an effective mission statement
- How your mission statement rallies everyone on your team to focus on a common goal
- Why strategy must precede tactics in an age of infinite media outlets (or: your vaccine for shiny objects syndrome)
- Barry’s standard (and important response) to the marketer who claims their biggest content marketing problem is their company sells boring products
- Andy reels off a list of ways to select topics in line with your mission
- You may find your greatest content in your sent mail folder
- How companies address the challenge of needing to satisfy multiple personas
- Should you publish your content marketing mission statement?
- Why content marketing mission statements can evolve
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry explains how to inject emotion in your mission statement and why you should then proceed developing your voice
- Andy explains why publishing the answers to your visitor’s top questions on strategic pages of your site is the key to conversion
- How to Create a Content Mission Statement with 4 Simple Templates
- Fast Track Your Content Marketing Plan (Slides: 73K views and counting)
- A free content strategy planning template from Feldman Creative and Contentools
- The Most Effective Content Marketing Tip Ever
On the next episode of Content Matters:
How to write an effective home page headline