If you want to start cranking your ranking, you need to understand SEO that works.
Just a few years back you might have achieved super SEO powers by droppging keyword bombs on your pages and “acquiring” links here, there and everywhere.
Welcome to 2016 where getting your pages and posts to top Google’s search pages calls for the right balance of basic on-page SEO tactics and a serious commitment to creating a stellar experience for your visitor.
Highlights from the episode include:
- A simple breakdown of the two essentials of SEO: authority and on-page optimization
- A few words on choosing and using keywords
- The single most important piece of SEO real estate
- Is keyword density’s dead and gone?
- Semantic SEO: targeting topics and tips for finding related phrases to improve your content and rankings.
- What’s a meta description and why should care?
- 16 tactics for making your post a great user friendly experience
- How do you get dwell time, a powerful signal to Google?
In the cheese & mousetrap segment:
- Barry throws out all kinds of ideas for captivating the skeptic who’s scrolling, swiping, skimming, and perpetually prone to bail
- Andy reveals some easy internal linking tactics you need to understand and apply
- Infographic and post at CMI: The Blog Post Checklist for Cranking Your Search Ranking
- See below
Orbit Media blog posts:
- Web Content Checklist: 21 Ways to Publish Better Content
- 3 Internal Linking Strategies for SEO and Conversions (Plus 10 Best Practices for Making Internal Links)
21 Point SEO Blog Post Checklist from Barry Feldman
On the next episide of Content Matters:
Email Essentials for Building and Nurturing Leads
20min. of my time well spent listening to this episode of yours Barry! And Andy revealed some useful internal linking tactics, I must say!