In this episode of Content Matters, we come out of the gate claiming interviews can be a game-changer for content marketers. Why would we make such a bold statement?
Because Andy and I have learned that conducting interviews is a powerful double whammy.
- You’re able to generate more credible and highly compelling content.
- You build meaningful relationships with influential voices in your industry.
Take 20 minutes to take-in our best tips for capitalizing on the power of interviews and collaborating on content marketing initiatives.
Highlights from the episode include:
- The Elevation Principle from Michael Stelzner’s great book, Launch
- How an ally in content creation becomes an ally in promotion
- The power of roundup-style content
- A review of various types of interviews and interview formats you might try
- The most effective ways to get contributions from experts
- Effective ways to do interviews via email
- How to deliver the best answers when you’re interviewed
- Playing referral tag to grow your network
- Why you need a guest blogging strategy
- The greatest social media marketing tool (is not what you’d expect)
In the cheese and mousetrap segment
- Barry reveals a visual strategy to drive traffic to your interview-based content
- Andy explains how to get a “yes” from nearly everyone you’d like to interview
Resources from the episode
- Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition, by Michael Stelzner
- 34 Ways to Get the Most from a Conference — a roundup post example from Orbit Media
- The Best Copywriters Offer Great Copywriting Secrets — a roundup post example from Feldman Creative
- Four Keys to Creating a Great Audio Interview by Charlie Meyerson, a guest post on Orbit Media’s blog
In the next episode of Content Matters we’ll talk about:
The all-important content marketing mission statement