Is your digital marketing in distress? It’s time to revisit your homepage design.
“Your homepage fills a lot of shoes,” says veteran website development professional Andy Crestodina. What are they?
In this episode of the Content Matters Podcast, Andy and Barry go through your home page left to right, top to bottom, and desktop to mobile offering smart practices for creating a homepage that accomplishes the objective.
Highlights from the episode include:
- Understanding the role of the home page
- Tricks and tactics to guide visitors deeper inside your website
- A simple exercise to prompt you to put your best foot forward
- Why the title tag is your single most important piece of SEO real estate (and how so many companies screw it up)
- What goes in the navigation bar?
- How mobile affects your home page design—why responsive design matters
- A great list of ways to gain your visitors trust on the homepage
- Tips for creating an effective call-to-action