Search “how to make your website more effective” and the winner of the search engine sweepstakes is…
5 Free Ways to Make Your Website More Effective NOW.
Good stuff. It’s a guest post on Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income site by Sarah Peterson of SumoMe. She says to make your website more effective you should:
- Reduce decision fatigue
- Capture the audience’s attention with strong taglines, images, and specific language
- Present social proof
- Audit and optimize the technical stuff
- Move your opt-in offers higher up on the page
These are good suggestions. Thanks Sarah and Pat.
Want to make your website more effective with design? A strong post from Peep Laja at ConversionXL recommends:
- Create a visual hierarchy based on objectives
- Make the things you want visitor’s to click bigger and easier to get to
- Use great visuals that comply to the rule of thirds
- Use white space
More good stuff and lots of cool examples and explanations of design principles.
Now I want to share my suggestion—just one, one big one.
The way to make your website more effective is…
Make your website more generous.
Simple, right? Be like Santa. Make a list and check it twice.
What goes on that list? Like Santa’s list, it should contain the things your people want you to produce. They’re probably not going to write you letters or sit on your lap and tell you, but you need to find out what they want somehow.
You need to know precisely what challenges your audience face and give them solutions.
Give, give, and give some more and what you get is a more effective website. (more…)